Wednesday, February 10, 2010

21 year old from Ohio, best rifle for deer hunting?

I am looking to buy a gun for hunting, but I do not know where to start. I am from Ohio, want to hunt mainly deer, i am 6'2'' 230 pounds. Thanks in advance.21 year old from Ohio, best rifle for deer hunting?
I too live in Ohio and you cannot hunt deer with a rifle in Ohio. If I were you I would by a 12 guage pump shotgun with a slug barrel and get a scope for it . The best brand would be Remington or Benneli. If you have any more questions just e-mail me at coyboy94@aol.com21 year old from Ohio, best rifle for deer hunting?
i would get a 50 cal. muzzle loader dead on a 400+ yards un like a 12 ga. deer slugs
When you get a 30-06 you don't need any other rifle.* It will harvest any game in North America.*
only shot guns in ohio
If you're hunting deer in Ohio with a rifle that could be problem unless you have some kind of special permission from the local game warden for pest control. Anyhow, a Browning Safari in 300 Win Mag will be a wonderful rifle for deer. This will take care of any north american game and works nicely on deer.
Under 100 yard shots in wooded areas use a 30/30 lever action. It has a slow velocity which will cut down on ricocheting from brush or small branches and has plenty of stopping power, I dropped a 350 lb wild boar with one shot thru the heart. Over 100 yards I like to use a 30 odd 6. for 400 yard shots use a 270 mag or 7 mm bolt action rifle. bolt actions give you a more accurate shot as well as better muzzle volicity.





The longer range rifles can really do some ugly damage at close range. A friend of mine shot a deer at 50 yards with a 7mm, when we skinned it it looked like it was hit by a car or something.
i would say get a 30-06. they are perfect for almost all deer hunting.
.223 .243 are to light for deer!! I use a .270 with a 130 or(150 grain bullet for brush) hardly any kick flat shooting and I canshoot well over 300yrds extemely accurate but if you want to go for elk,bear deer then win.300mag,.308 or 30.06

No comments:

Post a Comment