Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Does anyone know how long you can keep deer salami after you thaw it out?

My Butcher who makes mine tells me that it will last about 10 days to 2 weeks wrapped well and refrigerated after being thawed out. He uses Beef suet like most do and he says that after the 2 weeks are up the fat starts to break down and the meat begins to spoil. I wouldn't know this because around my crew it never lasts more than a week, so I've never been able to test this theory...........lolDoes anyone know how long you can keep deer salami after you thaw it out?
7-10 days.Does anyone know how long you can keep deer salami after you thaw it out?
Mmmmm....salami!





Well, it depends on the preservatives and salt put in it. Commercial salami can keep a very long time without refrigeration, however for handmade venison salami I'd say it will keep a few weeks in the fridge. Just look out for mold and bad smell.
Unopened in the fridge about 2 weeks. I've never had any last that long since I make my own. Always have plenty of willing participants to share with. For me they last about one beer and BS session with 4 people. At least some of them bring crackers and some cheese.
I find it will last up to two weeks in the fridge. I just keep eating it until it's gone or until it shows mold...lol.
ive keep it up to a week ,just keep it cool!
2 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment