Friday, February 12, 2010

Hit a deer wrecked my car $8500 damage why is my car not concerned total?

99 gs lexus hit a deer $8500 worth of damage so far the wreckage company did not even check the engine believe my car is worth 12,000 private sell 15,000 retail not sure why it is not total out. I am concern that it will cause me so many problems when i get it back with the computer in the car.Hit a deer wrecked my car $8500 damage why is my car not concerned total?
$8,500.00 isn't even 60% of the value. Most states require a vehicle be declared a total at 70 - 80% of the actual cash value, some states will allow a car to be repaired up to 99%. If your car is repaired by a top-notch collision repairer you should have no problems in the future.Hit a deer wrecked my car $8500 damage why is my car not concerned total?
Good question..Ask the insurance co why they didn't total it..
because it's cheaper to fix your car then to give you the 12 to 15 you expect. Get a better car insurance company (pay more for it) and they will total it
Take 15 minutes to *read* your policy to figure out what is their procedure in paying a claim, when a car is considered a total loss, how the value is determined. Also take a look at whether they guarantee the repairs done, for how long? Labor and Parts are often separated. Indeed handling of a claim is what separates great and average insurance companies, don't buy a policy based on price alone.
For a car to be totalled the amount of the damage needs to excede the blue book value of the car.
12000


-8500


=3500 in. will not pay dif.
That is a very good question, considering I only hit a tree, about 6 curbs, and o yea, another curb. In a MERCURY SABLE!! And they totaled my car. I got 1800 for it and GOD KNOWS WHY I got a Ford Taurus. I would have been better off keeping the totaled Sable. LMAO.
the car is worth more then the damage done to it


and yes like the last answer if your not 100% Happy just let them no
It could be close, but not quite, who knows? Ask your adjuster. They go by Actual Cash Value, and won't total it unless the damages are 75-80% of that amount.
the value of the car is high,when you get it back you have to be 100% happy or you do not have to keep it,,call your ins co and tell then.

No comments:

Post a Comment