Friday, February 12, 2010

How to make Deer Roast?

I was wondering if deer roast can be made along the same lines as a pork or beef roast? I make my roast in a crock pot, and I wanted to make my deer in there as well? I have never had to make a deer roast before, but this year I got my first deer and wanted to make a roast with the tenderloins for Thanksgiving. How to make Deer Roast?
I meant to answer this earlier.


Apparently cauliflower pares well with deer roast because most recipes I have for deer roast call for cauliflower as a vegetable.





And remember to soak your deer meat in salt water before cooking. (it draws the blood out of it)





Venison Stew


2 lbs. meat, cubed


3 cloves garlic


2 onions, sliced


3 tbsp. vegetable oil


2 bay leaves


1 head cauliflower


3 potatoes, cubed


6 carrots, cubed


1 can tomato sauce


1 tbsp. salt


1 c. water





Throw all in a crock pot and cook until done.


How to make Deer Roast?
Congratulations!





1. Deer roast in crock pot:


http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1612,156鈥?/a>





2. Other deer recipes for you:


http://www.cooks.com/rec/search?q=deer+c鈥?/a>



yes you can cook it the same way. we do it like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment