Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What's the most wanted rifle by deer hunters?

It depends on the type of deer hunting you want to do, and the terrain in which you intend to do it. For instance, in the dense forests of Washington State, a .30-06 with a standard 3-9x or 4-12x scope is not necessarily the best choice. Then again, the flat open spaces of Wyoming would not be best suited for a 12 ga slug gun or a .30-30. Also, if you're a stand hunter, you want a gun that's going to be able to sight your target area quickly and cleanly, but within the effective range at the same time. That all said, I have found .308, .30-30, .270, 7mm and .300 magnum all to be exceptional deer rounds. The are others that bear mention, such as .243 and .257, the .44 Magnum in brushy situations, and 12 ga sluggers in those areas that mandate it. I'm not well-versed in the black powders, so cannot speak to that. But of all, my favorite is still the .30-06; to me, the epitome of multi-tasking versatility. I feel comfortable using it to hunt deer, bear, elk, antelope, goat, or even mountain lion. I prefer my slightly customized Winchester Model 70, but the Remington 700, the Ruger M-77, the Sako Hunter, or the Weatherby Vanguard are all great, versatile rifles chambered in several calibers that will serve you well throughout your lifetime.What's the most wanted rifle by deer hunters?
30-06, 30-30, 32 Winchester Special, 308, 270, 243... All of these calibers put together have harvested more Deer than any other caliber.*What's the most wanted rifle by deer hunters?
It really depends on where you live and what you hunt, here in Montana one of the most popular calibers seems to be the .300 Winchester Short Magnum, I myself purchased a Teka T3 Lightweight .300 WSM and I love it and plan to use it to hunt bear,elk, deer, and antelope with it.
Personally, I like the Thompson/Center Encore. You can swap barrels from rifle to muzzleloader to shotgun and even convert it to a hunting handgun very easily. I just bought one and I absolutely love it. The caliber I got was .270 Win which is ideal for deer hunting.





Another good choice is the Browning A bolt in .270 Win or .30-06.





A little cheaper option is the Ruger M77 in .270 or .30-06.





There are many other calibers that are perfect for deer hunting. The 2 I have listed are probably the two most popular in my neck of the woods. Good luck. If you have anymore questions, feel free to send me a message.
What the first guy said. Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter Series. Interchangeable barrels at different lengths. You can buy additional stocks and fore ends to convert it to a rifle, high power pistol (loads like that of a rifle), and muzzle loader. The Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter in the .270 cal is about $670.00 for a complete gun. You can buy additional barrels for $225 - $275. Convert it to a single shot Muzzle loader or a long range pistol. I was looking at that model in the .270 because I saw one in my hometown then called around to see how good the pricing is. Whatever you pick don't buy it at ***** or Wal-Mart. By the way the Thompson Center Encore Series is a single shot break action setup. Some people prefer to have more than one shot. Most times one is all you need and with the accuracy of this rifle he won't be let down. I'd get him the Thompson Center Encore Pro Hunter. 300 Winchester Magnum is a great caliber also. Good luck.
Rmington Model 700 bdl or cdl, in .280 is a great gun for all most all game in North america, and excellent for White Tails.
Out west you need a .270





Midwest: 30/30 or 30/06, maybe a .243 if you are a veteran.
usually a flat shooter like a .270
The most wanted rifle by me is the Rem 700 in .270, my oldest son is the Rem 700 in 30/06, my middles son's is the same as mine, and my youngest son's is the .308. My oldest daugthers (when I get her to go with us!) still likes her 30/30, so it's pretty hard to narrow it down to just one gun for all hunters.
prob either a winchester 70, or a remington 700 XCR, but it would have 2 b in 30/06 cal

No comments:

Post a Comment