Friday, February 12, 2010

Deer meat recipe EASY please?

I have a small roast and I wanna cook it for my husband cos he loves deer, problem is I have never cooked deer in my life....... HELPDeer meat recipe EASY please?
My dad cooks a lot of deer and I have been eating it as long as I can remember. His famous recipe everyone love he call ';smokies';. Cut the meat into 2 in cubes and marinade in worchestershire sauce overnight. Put the cubes on wooden skewers and wrap in bacon, then brush with your fav bbq sauce and put on the grill, like 5 min on each side ~ they are delicious ~ the bacon is key get a good thick pepper corn smoked bacon!





He likes to serve them with green bean casserole and oven baked potatoes (diced potatoes seasoned with lawrys season and sliced sweet onions bake at 425 for like 30-45 min)Deer meat recipe EASY please?
Well the only piece of deer I ever cooked well was the roast. Al the other makes me gag.





I take my roast and pour rice vinegar over it and pierce it with a fork and place it in a baggie to marinate overnight.





I then place it in a roasting pan and smother it with mustard and honey and sprinkle garlic powder on it.





I bake it slow @ 250 degrees for 4-5 hours.





It is ready now for chopping or shredding and I make a Stroganoff with the drippings, add the meat back and serve it over rice or noodles.





My family loves it.





* 3 tablespoons drippings (more depending on the amount of meat)


* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt


* 1/4 teaspoon pepper


* 1 container of fresh sliced mushrooms


* 2 tablespoons flour


* 2 cups sour cream





Add drippings, mushrooms to skillet and simmer for about 5 minutes; blend in flour. Gradually stir in sour cream. Heat and stir until thickened -- do not boil. Return meat to sauce and heat through. Serve with hot seasoned rice or noodles
actually be cooked just like any other sausage, by browning it in a frying pan or using it in a stew,


Use butter or olive oil for health benefits as well as taste





A collection of herbs and spices you might wish to keep on hand:


Fresh onions (grilled, saut茅ed or diced) or onion powder


Fresh garlic or garlic powder


Black pepper


Turmeric








Recipes


Venison Stroganoff


2 lbs venison steaks - fat trimmed and cut into thin strips


3 TBSP butter


Fresh mushrooms, sliced


1/3 cup cooking sherry


1/3 cup water


1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix


Dash of garlic salt


Dash of curry powder


1 beef bouillon cube


1 cup sour cream





Wine vinegar is common in venison recipes but for those who don't care for that type of flavor can omit the ingredient without harming the dish.





Good Luck
I don't have a specific recipe, but I will say to be caution because venison is very, very lean. So you want to make sure you cook it in some olive oil. Substitute it for beef in a stew. We've even used it in chili; you could cut it into cubes and cook it that way.





I almost said: ';Be glad that you have a husband that can hunt-- you have a way of getting food if thing every went down the tubes!';





But then I saw your details. That rocks! Good luck with your roast!
Brown roast in dutch oven on stove top. Add 1 can french onion soup and 1 can cream of mushroom soup. cover and roast in oven @300 for 3 1/2 hrs
sick eww animal killer !

No comments:

Post a Comment