Wednesday, February 3, 2010

If I killed a deer and i want to use the meat..if the gallbladder has burst is it still safe to eat?

try washing it off. it won't hurt you just tastes really really bitterIf I killed a deer and i want to use the meat..if the gallbladder has burst is it still safe to eat?
My hubby says yes as long as it is cooked properly, but he adds why would you want to eat it? It can possibly be contaminated! I wouldn't take the chance!If I killed a deer and i want to use the meat..if the gallbladder has burst is it still safe to eat?
Agree with jesse. Just the taste. Cooking may take some of the taste out also?? Try washing--cooking a chunk--see if it tastes terrible.
It'll be safe but very bitter. That's why taking out the liver has to be done with utmost care. The gallbladder is taken out with a lot of the surrounding tissue.

No comments:

Post a Comment