Sunday, February 7, 2010

Wanted a good deer rifle for under 350 for christmas?

im 15 years old and i want my first deer rifle for christmas! my parents told me i could get whatever gun i want for under 350. was thinking about the marlin xl7 30-06 or 270. any ideas or suggestions would be great!!! : )Wanted a good deer rifle for under 350 for christmas?
I think the marlin XL7 in 270 would be an excellent choiceWanted a good deer rifle for under 350 for christmas?
I'd recommend a Stevens 200 chambered in .308 Winchester. It's an accurate and highly upgradable rifle. Also, .308 Winchester(7.62 NATO)probably the most available ammo out there, and if you ever get into reloading it's got more published load data than probably any other caliber.
Brush or open land hunting? 30-06 is a good flat shooter. for open country. 30-30 is still a good all round cartridge For brush hunting I still prefer the old 38-55 Winchester for less than 50 yards. First decide were you will be hunting the most. Match the cartridge to the land.
will i use the marlin 336 it is a 30-30 and shoot pretty but what is your hunting land if wide open i'd take a .300 win or .308

No comments:

Post a Comment